https://www.transittms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/transitlogoblue-300x146.png 0 0 admin https://www.transittms.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/transitlogoblue-300x146.png admin2016-08-14 08:10:402016-08-14 08:10:40Women Transportation/Trucking Initiative(WITI) by DOT
Goals of the Program
The goals of the program are to increase the participation of women in the transportation industry and prepare young women to become our nation’s future leaders. To accomplish these goals, the program will:
- Creates Ladders of Opportunity to careers and internships in the transportation industry.
- Educates WITI participants on the exciting opportunities available in the transportation industry and inspire them to enter the science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Establishes strategic partnerships through the creation of the Women in Transportation Advisory Committees in each region.
- Attracts and Retains female WITI participants in transportation fields through Ladders of Opportunity.
- Identifies barriers to economic competitiveness for women particpating in the transportation industry and provide sustainability tools.